Sunday, September 25, 2016

A Day in Brighton

Hello friends!  I apologize for the lack of posts this week, but I was busy preparing for the beginning of school and didn't do many interesting things.  However, on Saturday I went with some people in my KEI group to Brighton.   Brighton is a seaside town in the south of England.  It is about an hour away by train.  It was a last minute decision to go but we were able to get a group rate of 7 pounds roundtrip!  That is crazy!  

We all were able to split into groups and go at a time that pleased us.  I went at one of the earliest times with Micaela, Alyssa, and Colby.  We originally planned to go on the 9:40 train, but somehow a 9:16 train appeared that we were able to hop on with a minute to spare.    

Train ride selfie!
 After we got there, we picked up some coffee and headed to the beach.  It was so nice and cool, but very windy.  Unlike normal beaches, this beach was made of pebbles instead of sand.


A view of the beach and pier.

Unlike normal beaches, this beach had pebbles instead of sand.

The water was so blue and clear

Early bird group

The tall building in the back is the Brighton 360.  Its a circular room that takes people up really high.

Colby sneaking into my shot.

I get to hang out with some pretty strange, but awesome human beings.

No words are needed

 After exploring the beach, we made our way to the pier.  It had lots of arcades, rides, and food such as crepes and donuts.  I didn't have any, but they smelled delicious!


Brighton Pier



After walking around the pier, we headed off to find a popular fish and chips place called the "Regency Restaurant".  Alex was able to find us and join us for lunch when we got there.  We all got the haddock fish and chips and since the milkshakes were somehow cheaper than a glass of water, we got one of those too!

Lunch at the Regency Restaurant with Alyssa, Alex, Micaela, and Colby.

When the milkshakes are cheaper than water, you get the milkshake.


After lunch we met up with the rest of the group.  Colby had saved some of his fries to feed to the seagulls.  After feeding one seagull, around 40-50 others gathered around him in a swarm!  Now he is called the seagull king.  It was quite comical to watch.

Colby decided to throw french fries up in the air to form a swarm of birds.

The seagull king walking away from the chaos he made.


Brighton group
 Our group wanted to see the Royal Pavilion Estate so we walked over there.  It reminded me a lot of the palace in Aladdin.  We couldn't walk inside, but it was pretty to see on the outside.  After seeing the estate, we hung out on the grass in the estate's park.  It was so relaxing and peaceful.

Royal Pavilion Estate


Micaela and I

Rob and Micaela hanging out in the park

Rachel taking a snooze.
Live music in the park.  Best I've heard so far.


 After sitting in the park, we popped into "Blackbird's Tea House" for afternoon tea.  Rob and I shared a pot of Chinese Jasmine Green tea.  I haven't really drank tea before, but this tea was quite nice.  We sat in the back garden that was covered in beautiful plants.  I think it's where the garden fairies hang out.

Tea time at Blackbird's Tea House.

A cool car outside of the tea house.




We ended the day back at the pier to watch the sun go down.  We were able to snag some chairs along the side and get the perfect view.  After the sun went down, we went and got some dinner and headed back to London.  I could see myself living there as it was so peaceful and relaxed compared to crazy, busy London.  It was hard to leave!

Brighton's sunset.

A failed attempt to catch Rob asleep.


Kelly and I

Watching the sunset with Libby, Colby, Kelly, and the rest of the gang.


Brighton at night
It was a great day along the seaside filled with laughter and adventure.  I am continually reminded how great all these people are that I get out hang out with and now call my friends.  These people are some of the funniest, nicest, and most fun people I have ever met.  We had a awesome day and I can't wait for the many more to come.

-------------------------------
Life was meant for good friends and a great adventure.
-------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment