Thursday, September 15, 2016

The National Museum and Scavenger Hunt

Today was filled with lots of walking and getting lost, but ending up in cool places.  As part of my program, we were challenged to get in groups and complete as many things on a scavenger hunt list around London in 48 hours.  For my group it was Brianna, Adrienne, Alex and I.  We decided to stop by the National Gallery Museum first and then work on the scavenger hunt.  The museum was beautiful and so big!  Out of the art museums I have seen, this museum triumphs them all.  It was organized so well by centuries and contained famous artwork by artists such as Leonardo Da Vinci, Claude Monet, Rembrandt Harmenszoon van Rijn, and Vincent van Gogh.  It was crazy to finally see these paintings in person after seeing them in a book or online for so long.  

The view from the entrance of the museum.





The lovely Brianna.








Chair with pipe- Vincent van Gogh

Sunflowers- Vincent van Gogh





Leonardo da Vinci had his own room in the gallery!  It was packed!

 After the museum, we started on our scavenger hunt.  One of the things on the list was to go to a place called "Rock & Sole Plaice".  They are known for their fish and chips.  After searching and getting lost a time or two, we finally found it.  Brianna and I split a fish because they were huge!  It was yummy but I don't think it was as good as the one in Scotland.


My scavenger hunt group: Brianna, Adrienne, Alex, and I.


Our haddock and chips.

A cool building we came across when we were lost!

 After the scavenger hunt we relaxed for a bit and then went to join the rest of the group at the Shard.  The Shard is the tallest building in Europe!  Once at the top it is beautifully covered in grass and plants.  It makes you feel like you're in a garden in the sky!  It was crazy how far you could see.  Apparently you could see other countries such as the Netherlands and Italy but I didn't pay attention to where they were.  I also got to play with the KEI directors little girls. They were so cute!  They reminded me of how much I miss my little sister!


Pretty great view!
 After the Shard Brianna and I went out for pizza at a market called Mercato Metropolitano.  It was Italian market filled with food vendors and people!  They pizza was great and the ingredients tasted really nice and fresh.

Overall, today was a great day of finding new places around London! As always, thank you for reading and keeping up with me.  It means a lot to know the tales of my adventures so far are being enjoyed!  Until next time, cheers!

A picture from the walk to my dorm.

----------------------------------------------------------------
 And at the end of the day your feet should be dirty,your hair messy,and your eyes sparkling.              -----------------------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

  1. Where are you finding these quotes? They are so good and perfect for you! I don't think I would've done the Shard, da Vinci's art would've been really neat to see, and I know your little sister misses you too! Love you! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete