Saturday, September 10, 2016

Day Three: Edinburgh, Scotland

Our last full day in Edinburgh, Scotland!  It sure is bittersweet but we made the most of it!  For breakfast we headed to a bakery we had been eyeing called "Mimi's Little Bakehouse".  I enjoyed a lox and cream cheese bagel with an iced latte.  I have to say that I'm not a fan of Scotland's coffee.  It is so bitter!  Brianna had some porridge and it looked delicious!

Breakfast at Mimi's.

After breakfast we continued on our way to go visit the Holyrood Palace.  It was beautiful!  I loved walking through the palace and seeing all the rooms and furniture.  Outside of the palace we got to enjoy the Abbey church and the botanical gardens.  I think me and Brianna both preferred Holyrood Palace over the Edinburgh castle.  

A fountain in front of the palace.

The entrance to the palace.  Looks so fancy!

The palace's courtyard.  The grass was so green, all I wanted to do was run through it!

The remains of the Abbey church.





The outside of the church.

Botanical gardens


After spending time at the palace, we headed to go hike Arthur's Seat.  As many of you know, I enjoy hiking, backpacking, kayaking, and basically anything outdoors.  You would think this would be a piece of cake for me.  I was wrong!  The journey to the top was uphill all the way and we had to scramble up rocks for a mile and a half.  It felt like we were just walking up a poorly designed stone staircase the entire way.  It was difficult and required multiple breaks.  Luckily I had Brianna to keep being positive while I was mumbling and complaining in the back!  I'm so glad we pushed through though because I got to witness a breathtaking view.  There was rolling hills and farmland on one side and the city and water on the other.  

The beginning of Arthur's Seat.


Taking a much needed breather!

Our view from halfway.


Almost there!

We finally made it!

Pictures can't capture the view but we could see everything!

It might have been a tad bit windy!  

What goes up, must come down!  I definitely preferred the going down part!  We took a different route on our way down so that we could explore church ruins.  It was magical.  I loved seeing all the different plants and rolling hills.




Halfway back down and looking at the monster we just hiked!

Brianna being her happy, cheery self!

Walking to whats left of the church.



A candid shot of Brianna taking in the view!

Last view of the rolling hills!

After our hike we were so thirsty and hungry.  We decided to head back to Mimi's Bakery and try some of their baked goods.  I got a victorian cake which is a cake filled with jam and Brianna got a chocolate and caramel cheesecake!  They were both delicious!



We ended our day by walking around the Royal Mile and having some dinner at a cute cafe. I couldn't have asked for a better day!  I'm sad that this was our last day in Edinburgh, but tomorrow we head for London!  Yay!  Thanks for keeping up with me and see you in the next one!  Cheers!

-----------------------------------------------
Blessed are the Curious,
For They will have Adventures.
----------------------------------------------










1 comment:

  1. The pictures are gorgeous! I'm so proud of you for hanging in there and making it to the top! You have determination, and that will get you places! Looking forward to London! Love you!

    ReplyDelete