Monday, September 19, 2016

London Walks and Hanging with the Girls

The first full weekend here was relaxing and spent exploring London with friends.  On Saturday morning I decided to get up early, grab a coffee, and spent time by myself down by the river. The river is the closest thing I have to kayaking right now, it makes me feel at peace and comfortable.  I love watching the people and birds while listening to the water and feeling the wind.

After coffee I decided to go through a modern art museum called "Tate Modern".  I decided to put the camera down that day and just experience the museum myself.  Sometimes you need to put the camera down to fully enjoy whats happening in the moment.  It was super neat to see all the work.  While I had no idea what to expect because I was not familiar with the artists, I still enjoyed looking at the pieces.  I found the museum to be very random.  For example, in one room there would be a gigantic spider in the center of the room and in the next there would be large balls of yarn hanging from the ceiling made from human hair.  Let's just say it was interesting...

I had some lunch after the museum and then I went walking around London with my friend Alex.  After aimlessly walking around London for about two hours we had no idea where we were at.  That's the cool part about it though.  We got to see the parts of London that travelers don't normally see.  It took us another 2 hours to get back and by then my feet were killing me.  I can't speak for Alex because I was the cause for us getting lost most of the time, but I still had a great day of exploring.  

On Sunday, I went to Notting Hill with some of the girls.  Even though I have not seen the movie, I absolutely love the area!  The neighborhoods were painted in rainbows of different colored houses and the main street was filled with cute little shops.  It was great that I went with the girls because I got to spend some time with them and get to know them more.  Let me say, these are a great group of amazing girls.  I'm so lucky to get to know them while on my trip!   

After exploring Notting Hill we got some lunch at a Thai place called "Churchill's".  To be honest it was good, but not amazing.  The atmosphere was different because it looked like a old English pub.  We continued on our way to visit a palace/park that was close by after lunch.  It was my favorite park so far.  The fields were huge and filled trees and the gardens spread throughout were beautiful.  I can't wait to go back.  

The neighborhood around Notting Hill

Notting Hill Market



Some of the girls


A cheeky nutella cupcake.  It had glitter on it so I couldn't resist!

The bookshop from the movie

Shameless group selfie


Churchill's

The palace in the park

One of the garden in the park


--------------------------------------
Spontaneity is the best kind of adventure.
----------------------------------------

1 comment:

  1. You've GOT to watch the movie now!!! I need to watch it again...love Julia! Churchill's looks so cool! I've never seen anything like it. Very neat pictures! You're a beauty, as always! Miss you.

    ReplyDelete