Monday, October 3, 2016

Exploring Windsor Castle

Hello!  On Friday I went to yet another castle!  Yup, you heard me correct, another!  This time Rachel, Libby, Allyssa, Colby, Kelly, and I took a train to visit Windsor Castle.  As to be expected, it was breathtakingly beautiful.  We left around 11:00 and it took around an hour to get there.  I don't think I'll ever get used to how easy and quick it is to travel here, but I'm loving it!  After we got there, we explored around the town a bit and took every photo opportunity!

Allyssa and Rachel- Their personalities shine through in this photo.
















Take in that view


I can never get a candid photo when Colby is around!



Rachel, Colby, and Allyssa

Colby, Allyssa, Kelly, and Rachel

The back of Windsor Castle








*Insert invisible jump rope*
After exploring the town, we headed up to go tour the castle.  Unfortunately, I was not allowed to take photos of the castle inside, so you'll just have to take my word for how spectacular it was.  The rooms were decorated in beautiful crown molding and the ceiling paintings in every room were truly a work of art.  I could stare at only their ceilings all day.  My favorite place in the castle. however, was the chapel.  With the high ceilings, gold crown molding, and detailed wood work, I couldn't believe that humans were able to create something so intricate.  I might sound crazy, but anybody can see and value the time and artful mind that was put into making the chapel.








Outside of the Chapel


We make audio guides look cool.



Windsor Chapel



Quite a nice view




Windsor Chapel
 After touring the castle and chapel, we took some pictures with the guard and headed for the exit.  We stopped for some food at a fish and chips restaurant and it was delicious.  We finished our day by visiting some  souvenir shops and hopped on a train back to London!

Kelly and I

The Windsor Castle Gang



Although I have already seen many castles and palaces while I've been here, I am continually amazed by how much time, effort, art, and money goes into making these castles.  It's incredible that these structures were built centuries ago and are still used today!  I'm so lucky that I have been able to experience already a handful of castles!  It's crazy, but I'm still hungry for more!  Until next time, cheers!

-----------------------------------------------------
"Don't call it a dream,
call it a plan."
--------------------------------------------------- 





No comments:

Post a Comment