Sunday, December 11, 2016

The Pergola and Hill Garden


 Hello friends!  I apologize for the lack of posts these last two months.  My computer has been giving my troubles and my schedule always seems to be hectic!  That's why I've been doing video blogs on my Facebook instead!  That being said, this week I will be posting new blog posts to catch you up on what I've been up to every day!  So keep a look out each day!

Back on the last Sunday in October, it was one of those days when you wake up and just want to go on an adventure.  Luckily, my friend Alli was in the same mood so we got ready, hit up Pinterest for a cool place to explore, and hopped on the tube!  After about an hour, we finally got there and it was like we were in a different city.  From the first step out of the tube, it immediately made it to my top places in London.  It was so charming and had a nice ratio of town and forest.




Our goal was to go to the Pergola and Hill garden.  I will say, it was pretty difficult to find, but after having our noses stuck to google maps and a few extra steps, we found it. We came at a perfect time in the year.  All the leaves were changing colors, the air was crisp, and it made you want a nice cup of hot cocoa.



Prettiest purple berries

The Pergola and Hill garden consisted of a maze of gardens with a nice view of the main building.  Off to the side there were trails that led to a forest.  Of course, knowing me, I had to go explore the forest.  Sadly, Alli and I didn't leave bread crumbs in our path and we got lost.  After some time, we found a path leading to a random road which led us back into town.




Beautiful Alcida

Forest
After the garden, we spent some time in town and explored the local shops and markets.  There was so many cute cafes and restaurants, but sadly we had to leave to join our friends to watch football at Belushi's.   What a great day filled with adventures and taking things slow.  It's important to take days to just relax and explore and spend time with friends.


How cute are these buildings?

--------------------------------------------------

Hygge (n):
The cosy feeling you get when you're enjoying a good time with good friends.
---------------------------------------------------


No comments:

Post a Comment